Turmeric is abundant in ayurvedic cooking. It contains the flavonoid curcumin, which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is used in Ayurveda to balance vata, pitta, and kapha, though in excess, it can aggravate pitta and vata. It has a particular beneficial effect for rasa and rakta dhatus (the blood and plasma of the circulatory system). It also kindles our digestive fire (agni), helping reduce kapha and ama (toxins). Turmeric is traditionally used for supporting the blood, liver, joints, immune system, and digestive tract. Its bitter and pungent taste and heating nature enable it to have mobilizing and cleansing energy.
Turmeric is said to give the energy of the Divine Mother and to grant prosperity. Tumeric is used to cleanse the nadir (subtle channels) and chakras (energy centers) , and is traditionally used to support the ligaments in yoga practice.
Benefits of Tumeric
- Promotes digestion*
- Supports the brain and nervous system*
- Maintains comfortable joint movement*
- Supports proper functioning of the liver*
- Nourishes the heart and circulatory system*
- Bolsters the immune system*
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels already normal range (especially when combined with neem and amalaki)*
Recipe : Golden Honey Milk
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- Enough Honey to make a paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
Heat milk mix in honey and turmeric for a yummy before bedtime beverage
As a key botanical of the traditional Ayurvedic health practices of India, turmeric root and turmeric essential oil have a long history that has inspired modern uses of turmeric today. Steam distilled from the turmeric root, Turmeric essential oil has two unique chemical components, Turmerone and ar-Turmerone. Most commonly known for their nervous system* and emotional benefits, these components make Turmeric essential oil a staple in your daily health routine. Promoting feelings of positivity,* Turmeric is beneficial both internally and aromatically. Advantageous to the immune system, Turmeric may have soothing benefits that promote a positive immune response.* As well, Turmeric can help to promote clear, smooth, and radiant-looking skin. Use Turmeric daily to support healthy immune function and response along with healthy circulation.* In addition to the many benefits of Turmeric essential oil, Turmeric acts as a great burst of flavor to your favorite savory meals.
- Take internally for daily antioxidant support and to improve immune response.*
- As metabolic support, use Turmeric when trying to get back on track.*
- When needed, use Turmeric as a spot treatment or in an all-over face mask to help reduce the appearance of blemishes or for a healthy-looking overall glow.
- Diffuse Turmeric or put a drop or two into your hand and inhale to promote feelings of positivity and to improve mood.
- After strenuous activity, incorporate Turmeric into your recovery routine for a soothing experience.
- Helps support healthy glucose and lipid metabolism*
- May enhance cellular antioxidant enzymes* (e.g. glutathione)
- Helps support healthy nervous and cellular function*
- Has been shown to increase curcumin potency and absorption*
- May promote healthy immune function and response*
- When diffused, Turmeric provides an emotional lift and may help improve mood
- Supports clean and healthy-looking skin while reducing the appearance of blemishes
Emotional Benefits of Tumeric “ The Oil of Restoration”
Turmeric repairs individuals physically, mentally, and emotionally. It reaches deep into damaged or blocked parts of the self to restore what has been temporarily lost. Tumeric is a powerful healer fir those who feel paralyzed from inherent dangers of life. It beneficial to those who feel weighed down from tragedy. Tumeric offers hope, strengthen and confidence during change.
Turmeric reminds us of the good in each other. The warmth of turmeric provides stability and a foundation of trust.
Turmeric assists in those who struggle against barriers such as prejudice bias and racism by helping individuals recognize damaging messages. Tumeric inspires the soul with courage and strength.
Oils that Blend Well with Turmeric: