Cardamom is light to digest and reduces moistness of tissues. It tastes little hot and little sweet. Cardamom is used for both culinary and medicinal purposes. This is a tridoshic herb … but people trying to keep Pitta in balance should eat it in smaller amounts. Cardamom is excellent for digestion, especially beneficial in reducing bloating and intestinal gas. It is excellent for balancing Kapha, particularly in the stomach and the lungs. It is also useful for pacifying Vata. The seeds are often chewed to refresh the breath. Cardamom blends well with fennel, coriander and clove.
Benefits of Cardamom
- Calm the mind
- Stabilizes emotions
- It stimulates our digestive system
- Support your respiratory system
- Tone the body
- Activate your senses
- Reduce halitosis
- Reduces ulcers
Cardamom, Ginger & Rose Women’s Health Recipe
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (fresh if possible)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon rose petals
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ⅛ teaspoon rose water (food grade)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pinch of natural sweetener
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
Pour hot water over the rose petals, cardamom, ginger, and coconut oil then add the almond milk, rose water, and natural sweetener and stir. Enjoy!
- Use internally as part of a daily health regimen to support healthy gastrointestinal function.*
- Add to bread, smoothies, meats, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.*
- Diffuse or inhale for a sense of openness and mental clarity.
- May help ease indigestion and maintain overall gastrointestinal health*
- Promotes clear breathing and respiratory health
- Flavorful spice for cooking and baking
Emotional Benefits of Cardamom “The Oil of Objectivity”
Cardamom helps individuals regain objectivity, mental sobriety and self control. It assists people who frequently feel angry or frustrated with others. Cardamom helps bring balance, clarity, and objectivity during moments of intense anger and frustration. Cardamom assists individuals in breaking down or digesting intense emotions of frustration and anger by redirecting energy to the solar plexus- the center of responsibility. This beautiful oil helps individuals let go of the negativity they are golding. Cardamom will assist individuals in takin responsibility for their own feelings leaving feeling of calm, peace and control.
3 drops doTERRA Cardamom
3 drops doTERRA Wild Orange
2 drops doTERRA Siberian Fir